Over the past week I have enjoyed watching my sweet little boy try to stand on his own, and occasionally take a step here or there, then he would notice what he was doing get scared and fall. I finally brought out a car that my wonderful visiting teacher Nancy gave us when Charlie was first born. It is a car that you can sit on and scoot around on but the back as a handle so you can push it around too. Charlie has had a blast with it all week and started pushing it around the house really fast! Just last night we were at our friend's house for dinner and Charlie was cruising around the furniture. Susan said to me "When he starts walking he is going to run" knowing full well that she was exactly right I told her that I did want to encourage him to walk (I wasn't ready for that) but was doing my best not to stifle his development.
And then it happened.... tonight I came to my parent's house after I had convinced C.J. to babysit for an hour so I could get some housework done (Jesse was out of town) When I got there C.J. and Charlie were playing with a little basketball, they continued to play for a while. he wanted nothing to do with me (who needs mom when Uncle C.J. will play with you) Finally, I picked hime up to steal some kisses and he turned around to get the ball again, he just stood there for about 30 seconds and then took a step, then another and then another!!! He walked right over to C.J. to get his ball. He continued to walk a few steps at a time and by the end of the night he was walking 15-20 steps at a time. I was amazed!!! He was walking to all of us. Me, my Dad, C.J., Brian and Brian's friend Kyle. When he would finally reach where he was walking or just fall down he would giggle with pride.
Let's pray that he remebers how to do it in the morning so Daddy can see. For some reason I don't think that will be a problem.
4 comments:
It's so fun to watch them grow! It's amazing how quickly everything happens. One day you'll wake up and he'll be 9 or 10. Crazy! Enjoy his "little" years. They fly by!
OMG he is so dang cute! I love babies...i want to have a million! We have a beatuful family!
How fun and amazing kids are! Too fun!;)
yeah! how exciting! he is such a cute little guy! good for him!
Post a Comment