Friday, July 2, 2010

Farewell!



My brother Brian will be leaving for his mission in Mendoza, Argentina at the end of August. He came to visit Chico for the last time a few weeks ago to say goodbye to every here. It was so nice to have him here and to spend a little time with him before he leaves for two years. Charlie loved having him here, he went to an Outlaws game with us and we had a farewell party for him, lots of his friends who are still in town and people from the ward came, we had cookies and cake. That was his last night here, after the party he talked him into go with him to In N Out at midnight. I felt like a teenager again leaving the house a midnight. He had to have it one more time, because there isn't any in Texas Too bad I didn't get a picture... remember it was midnight. I am so proud of Brian, I know he will be a fantastic missionary. My little brother is all grown up, sure to love you B. We are going to miss you!


 
Brian and his friend Cody (being Brian and Cody)

Ashely, Mady and Brian
(this picture is a tradition, Brian making a funny comment and getting them to laugh right before the picture is taken.. then he looks straight at the camera) 
Brian and Me with the Boys 

The Cake (it's the Argentine Flag)

The coolest Uncle ever!!!
We have had to explain the Charlie that going on a mission is a GOOD thing. My sister is on  a mission and we were trying to explain to him that Brian would be leaving on a mission too. He told Brian that he couldn't go, and B told him that he had to because Heavenly Father wanted him to. Then Charlie said "Well Heavenly Father doesn't love you" B said "Yes he does" "Well I know He does but I just don't want you to go" So sad, he thinks everyone is leaving him for a mission. I guess we've got 17 years to straighten this things out! 

1 comment:

Em said...

holy smokes!!! what are you feeding that baby! j/k it's so weird to have a little baby this time around.