Sunday, January 25, 2009

Add To My Post! (before I was a mom)

My friend Becca commented on my last post and added a few things that I thought were really good. I started to think of my own and realized we all probably have a lot of things we could add to this list, so if you feel so inclined add what you did "before you were a mom" to my comments and I will re-post it.

Becca's
I didn't pack like I was going to Gilligan's Island...I could leave at a moment's notice...I had room in my purse...I had clean shoulders (on my shirts)...I never got so proud of someone else crawling, walking, smiling, laughing, or saying thank you...

Before I was a mom
Going out to eat was way easier than cooking dinner at home, I didn't have to plan my entire day around someon else's eating and sleeping schedule , I could make it through the grocery store, target, the mall etc. without being stopped at least once while someone admired what was in my cart, I could sit through all of my church meetings and actually pay attention and take something away, I could eat an entire meal uninterrupted, Hearing the words "Mama" never brought me pure joy!

No comments: