Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Days Have Come to Us All Year!


This is a little late, but our little boy turned 1 on Monday! I can't believe that it has already been a year, it sure did go by fast! We are celebrating his special day on Saturday with a big Birthday bash! Monday we didn't do much but he got all of his favorite things, Mandarin oranges, apple juice, split pea soup and Gerber fruit snack for desert. We also brought zucchini and carrot cookies to the daycare, they are a great, yummy way to sneak in some veggies.

We feel so blessed to have been given this beautiful little boy in our life the last year and look forward to the future with him to continue to watch him learn and grow!

I didn't start blogging until Charlie was a couple of months old so I thought this was the perfect time to record some memories of his birth...

My contractions started around 3 am by 6 am they were 5-7 min, we picked up my mom on the way and were off to the hospital when we got there I was 3 cm and then I just stayed there for which seemed like forever! At about 3:00 I got the epidural,they broke my water I quickly moved to 4 cm . Charlie's heart rate started to go down and they prepped a surgery room just in case ( for a c- section). Luckily I went from 4 - 10 cm in about an hour after 45min of pushing a beautiful six pound eleven ounce nineteen and a half inch BEAUTIFUL little boy with lots of brown hair was born at 5:45 pm! The nurses told me that I should try to feed him as soon as possible because he would probably fall asleep soon. He didn't even close his eyes until 3 am the next morning. We had a fantastic doctor and the most amazing nurses. Both Charlie's grandmas were in the delivery room and my dad way hiding behind the curtain. One of the my most memorable moments was being able to tell me Dad that the baby would be named after him.

1 comment:

Andrea Sheets said...

He is so darling! I wish I knew him in person. Enjoy every minute!