Monday, April 6, 2009

What do you think???

We are planning a trip to Six Flags next weekend, we think that Charlie will have a blast with all of the animals and rides...the problem...he does not like to sit in his stroller for very long and holding a 20 + pound little boy all day long does not sound like fun to us at all! So, I am thinking about something and I always swore I would never buy for my child, EVER! As anyone ever used a child harness/leash??? Would you think that it was awful if you saw a mom "walking" her child on a leash in a big amusement park? I haven't been able to bring myself to actually buy one because I've always thought they were ridiculous!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say buy one. They do look a little ridiculous, but if it lets him walk and lets you keep him safe and close by I say it's worth a little ridiculous.

Wendy Day said...

Kindra, I always hated seeing little kids on a "leash". I swore up and down that I would never use themon my kids. After having kids and taking them out especially when they didn't want to ride in the stroller all day I started using them. I firmly believe in them. It brings me a lot of peace. They have a lot of different kinds. I recommend the ones you put around them. They make ones that look like animals hugging them and also backpacks. That's what I choose to use. they I don't feel so bad. with the backpack you can put diapers, wipes & snacks in them. They really come in handy. Don't worry, you aren't a horrible mom if you use one. It's a great way to keep track of your child and make sure he is safe. Have Fun!!!

Melissa Slocum, M. Ed. said...

We bought one for our trip to the zoo and aquarium in L.A. and though it wasn't too crowded so we didn't really have to use it - I think it would be better to know I'm not going to loose my child in a crowd then to worry about what people think of me "walking" my child. Anyway, I was never walking him, he was always pulling me along anyway.

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

I have a monkey, one, cohen would never wear it, but I think I tried to get him to use it too late.. I will try to use it on Kennedy, but definitely bring the stroller too obviously, as he will get tired of walking around.. I think they are great ideas, having seen plenty of lost little kids, they are handy and safe little things... you can borrow mine if you want to try it out before you buy one...

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

p.s. my number is 530-624-3882