Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We're Doing It Again...

I'm not so sure how to start this post (I've rewritten it like five times) So I'll just come out and say it right away! We are doing it again ..... baby # 2 is on it's way! We found out on my birthday about a month ago and to be honest were TOTALLY surprised. After a roller coaster of emotions, being worried about Charlie and how he will do with it all, feeling like I was just get used to being a mom of one, wondering how we will afford another kid in diapers, and a multitude of other thoughts I am finally getting excited (really I am)!
Jesse and I were able to go to the temple on Saturday and I was reminded me of all the blessing of children and eternal families! Today we went to the doctor for the first time (how can you not be excited when you see a little jelly bean with a heart beat)
So.. I am nine weeks pregnant today and everything looks great (we are always a little hesitant to tell people because of the two miscarriages before Charlie) but today the Dr. said it looked like a "keeper" I am due Feb 12th, Charlie and the baby will be a little over 23 months apart!
Any ideas on how to get a toddler ready for a baby!

Side note - I've been feeling like crap 100% then with Charlie, so if I've haven't called or e-mailed you back or been a bad friend. Sorry, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be halfway back to normal!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'd suggest you just talk to Charlie about babies a lot, let him be around them so he gets used to them, and keep treating him like he's the special little guy he is.

Angelee said...

congratulations. how exciting. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Becker said...

Wow! Well, congrats! Thanks for sharing! I would seriously have been overwhelmed if I found out I was pregnant with another one when Caleb was only a little over a year old. SOOO much happens in the next 7 months of Charlie's life that he will be so much more prepared to be a big brother by then than he is now! Congrats! I hope you're feeling better soon! We'll be moving to Chico in 3 months, so we'll have to get our boys together!

The Caple Crew said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Our kids are 23 months apart too. As for getting a toddler ready....we talked to Ryanne about a new baby coming just about everyday. We had her talk to the belly too, that was fun and cute! Hope you start feeling better soon!

The Beaumonts said...

I am so happy for you! charlie will do just fine! i hope you get to feeling better fast! miss you!