"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero!"
Matthew Jesus Medrano was born Thursday, February 4th 2009 at 11:29 a.m.! He was 6 lbs 6 oz 18 1/4 inches. He has a tiny little body but lots of hair, long fingers and big feet !!! He has his big brother's lips and chin. We are so happy to have him in our lives and enjoying the love and spirit he has brought to our home. We are happy to be a family of 4 !
Mommy hasn't been good about downloading all the pictures so more to come soon!

Matthew's birth was much different than Charlie's actually it was night and day. So, here's the story.. because it's quite the story (or a least we think so). I had been having contractions for days, I was have at least one or two and hour for over 48 hrs. Sometimes they would be 10 min apart. Wednesday night they were getting closer together and when they were 5 min apart we headed for the hospital. On our way there (it is about 40 min away) the contractions died down and by the time we got up there, they had totally stopped, worse than that .. I was not dilated at all and completely closed. Talk about embarrassing. So, we headed home (I had 5 contractions between the hospital and home) I had contractions all night long and dozed in and out of sleep. Around 5 am I was in a lot of pain, but like I said I had been having a ton of contractions for days so I wasn't convinced that this was a real thing and I didn't want to get sent home AGAIN. The pain continued to get worse and by about 9:00 they were bad, so bad that I just laid in bed trying to breath through them and telling Jesse to get Charlie ready to drop off at his parents. We walked in the hospital doors at 11 a.m. I could was shaking while trying to sign the paper work. I heard a nurse say "she was here last night and wasn't dilated and completely closed" So another nurse said "Well let's see if you've dilated at all" I laid on the bed and she looked at me in shock!!! "Umm you are 10 cm 3rd station and ready to push, the baby's head it right there". They rushed me to a room, and she told me to try not to push until the Dr. got there. Luckily the Dr. was in the OR and was able to leave so a few minutes later she was there and Matthew was born at 11:29 (exactly 29 minutes after we walked in the doors) apparently we broke the hospital's record for shortest birth. So much for an epidural, I had no intentions was doing it natural, good thing he was small and I didn't have much time to think about not having anything for the pai. Looking back on it, it really was not a bad way to have a baby, but given the choice I would never want to do it again. He's our little Speed Demon we figure he's gotta keep up with his big brother.
Matthew's birth was much different than Charlie's actually it was night and day. So, here's the story.. because it's quite the story (or a least we think so). I had been having contractions for days, I was have at least one or two and hour for over 48 hrs. Sometimes they would be 10 min apart. Wednesday night they were getting closer together and when they were 5 min apart we headed for the hospital. On our way there (it is about 40 min away) the contractions died down and by the time we got up there, they had totally stopped, worse than that .. I was not dilated at all and completely closed. Talk about embarrassing. So, we headed home (I had 5 contractions between the hospital and home) I had contractions all night long and dozed in and out of sleep. Around 5 am I was in a lot of pain, but like I said I had been having a ton of contractions for days so I wasn't convinced that this was a real thing and I didn't want to get sent home AGAIN. The pain continued to get worse and by about 9:00 they were bad, so bad that I just laid in bed trying to breath through them and telling Jesse to get Charlie ready to drop off at his parents. We walked in the hospital doors at 11 a.m. I could was shaking while trying to sign the paper work. I heard a nurse say "she was here last night and wasn't dilated and completely closed" So another nurse said "Well let's see if you've dilated at all" I laid on the bed and she looked at me in shock!!! "Umm you are 10 cm 3rd station and ready to push, the baby's head it right there". They rushed me to a room, and she told me to try not to push until the Dr. got there. Luckily the Dr. was in the OR and was able to leave so a few minutes later she was there and Matthew was born at 11:29 (exactly 29 minutes after we walked in the doors) apparently we broke the hospital's record for shortest birth. So much for an epidural, I had no intentions was doing it natural, good thing he was small and I didn't have much time to think about not having anything for the pai. Looking back on it, it really was not a bad way to have a baby, but given the choice I would never want to do it again. He's our little Speed Demon we figure he's gotta keep up with his big brother.
9 comments:
You are tough Kindra! I've delivered with and without an epidural, so I know how you feel and dang girl, getting to a 10 before even getting to the hospital is crazy tough!;) He is just an absolute doll! Congratulations!!
Holy Cow Kin- I mean I heard the story from the fam but I was wanting the details. Wow! Thank goodness you didn't leave for the hospital any later! If you have another baby, Jesse is going to have to drive fast. No drugs? I know that's not the way that you wanted it but you did it- what a solider, I bet you were so calm and collected too. I love you! I am so happy for you and so happy that you had such an easy delivery (and envious). Matthew is beautiful and I love the pic of Charlie hugging him. Way to go Kin!
Dang girl! You are one tough cookie! I can't believe you could bear the pain for so long! I can see why you hesitated to go back. Gav was super quick in coming too, but it still took forever since i was induced. Once they broke my water he was out in 2 hours. I didn't think that I'd be able to do it natural but went in with an open mind and ended up doing it. Gavin came out with only 2 big pushes so that made it that much easier! I asked for an epidural but I was at an 8 and the anesthesiologist was in surgery so I had to wait and decided if I was already at an 8 maybe I could do i without plus I was freaked about sitting still for a needle during contractions. I did get some pain meds. You are a stud for sure! So glad you didn't end up having to give birth at home unless that is your kind of thing. You were sure close girlie! Enjoy the beautiful boy. It makes me so eager to have our next with all my friends on to #2!
Yay! Congrats. That is a good story, having it happen quick makes it easier.. Cohen was quick and they kept saying don't push.. I tried to tell them that what was happening was happening all by itself.. He is adorable congratulations!
Yay! Congratulations. Quicker is easier. Cohen came really quick and they kept saying don't push, I had to tell them that whatever was happening was happening on it's own, I really had no control over him coming out or not. He is adorable. Congrats again!
HOLY CANNOLI!!! You've got to be kidding me! I've never heard of that before! How did you get to a 10 and not know FOR SURE you were in labor? You're tougher than me, that's for sure. Oh, and don't you love how condescending nurses can be (all nurses reading this comment excluded, of course). Congrats! At least you didn't have to be in labor at the hospital for hours and hours, right? I hate that place! Way to time it JUST right ;) WOW! Congrats!
Congratulaions! So exciting to have a new one, he is so adorable! I cant believe you were that close to having him when you got to the hospital, and no epidural??? You are a super woman!
I realized my comment might have sounded like, "Geez, dummy! Didn't you know you were in labor?!" That is NOT how I meant it at all!! I meant it like, "That's remarkable! What an incredible story! I can't imagine how I'd be feeling in that moment that the nurse told me I was fully dilated the SECOND I walked into the hospital!" So, wow! Amazing story. I hope you're feeling well, recovering quickly and getting a bit of sleep all at the same time.
wow that's quite a birth story! I can't believe u were already a 10 by the time u got to the hospital! And no meds...u go girl!
Post a Comment