Well, we're here! We've reached the finish line. I had contractions all night long starting at about 8pm nothing too close together or regular, they didn't stop until about 8 am and I've had a least one every hour since then. Jesse stayed home in the morning and went to the Dr. with me. I wasn't dilated his head is down and "ready for blast off" in her words.I was really hoping my mom would be here for the delivery, but Dr. Anderson said she didn't think that I would make it to my next appointment or to the end of the week. I'm hoping for a couple more days... Charlie and I are at the tail end of a cold and I hope that we can get totally better by the time Matthew arrives.
I planned on spending my day cleaning and taking care of last minute details but instead I've spent it playing with trains,tractors,and trucks. Eating snacks, reading books and watching movies with Charlie. We might even try to make some cookies later. Even though I can't wait to hold Matthew in my arms and be the mother of two, it's a little bitter sweet to think of this as one of the last days with just Charlie, I think I will miss our special time together.
2 comments:
You're so sweet! I remember feeling the exact same way! Somehow it just gets sweeter with another baby! Good luck!!
Lay low for a while and see if you can't keep that baby cozy right where he is for a bit longer! Good luck!
Post a Comment