Monday, August 8, 2011

Miracles

My brother Brian is coming up on his one year mark on the mission he is serving his mission in the Mendoza, Argentina for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He has been an incredible missionary and has had so many miracles happen in the last year. He is a wonderful example to me of devoting 100% of your life to Christ and expecting miracles. I've always told him that I want to be like him when I grow up! I am so proud of the hard work he is doing in Argentina. I know that his living situations there are far from perfect, that not all Argentines are nice to a white missionary from the States, it's hard to speak, learn an teach a language you only had a few weeks to learn but he never complains. His weekly e-mails are always have a lesson to learn and are uplifting. If you can't tell I am super proud of him.I miss him so much but it's hard to be sad when someone you love is so happy and even harder when they are so happy doing something so fantastic. If you need some inspiration check out his blog here! One of my favorite miracles is from the week of July 18th!
With his Mission President (who just left)
Right before entering the M.T.C.

Here is another miracle he shared in his e-mail this week..
"Danilo was baptized this weekend and is just so happy! His journey to baptism was a hard one but he knew that it was what God wanted! His baptismal service was great as well. A miracle happened there. As we were changing rooms from the chapel/cultural hall to go and watch the baptism I saw some people walking around in the hall about to walk out, and so I started talking to them. They were members from a different area and saw that the chapel was open so they wanted to check it out. I asked them if they wanted to stay and they said they would like to. The crazy thing is that this man turned out to be an old childhood friend of Danilo and they hadn´t seen each other in 10 years. It was amazing. They were both so happy :)"

No comments: