Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Paulina Plunge

So, I've been waiting for pictures and still haven't gotten them yet but I wanted to post about it before I forgot! One day during our family reunion some of us did the "Paulina Plunge". Guides took us to the top of "Paulina" mountain where there were bikes waiting for us. We started off uphill with out group of about 20, but after about a half of a mile the rest of our ride was downhill. Almost the entire bike ride was down hill and every little while we would stop and hike a little while to the most beautiful waterfalls! This was the first one, a small swimming hole but you jumped into the waterfall!
After this, we biked a little more to a beautiful place to eat lunch and then biked again, then hiked again to these awesome "natural watersides" there were two of them. At one point I Melissa, CJ and I tried to go down as a train. Melissa sat down and the was holding on to the guide because the water was running so fast under her. I tried to walk across the fast moving water without help which ended up with me slipping and hitting my leg on a rock the guide tried to stop me but the water was moving too fast for me to get back up, so I ended up just letting go of his hand and in front of everyone I fell down the slide by myself going sideways the wrong way! Good thing, stuff like that happens to me all the time so I wasn't too embarrassed.

We biked and hiked to another waterfall that was the biggest of all and you could stand underneath it. After that we road the rest of the way down the mountain about 4 miles, it was so beautiful and peaceful to just coast down the mountain!
I loved this part of our trip! If you are ever near Sunriver/Bend OR. You must, I repeat you must do this!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That seriously sounds like so much fun!! {Except the falling part of course!}

Aunt Daisy said...

Ok, looks fun, but scary too! You are brave!