I grew up in a home where politics was the topic of many dinner conversations, my father is a very political person and I was lucky enough to learn many things about our country, government,etc that many kids may not get to learn about. Jesse is also very political so .. once again many of our conversations revolve around the issues of our country. Saying this I guess most people would consider me a fairly political person, but unlike my dad and my husband I tend to keep my views to myself.( I have enough of the politic chat when I'm around them).
Today however I am feeling somewhat annoyed and needed to write how I felt. Many of you are probaply aware of Proposition 8, a prop that us Californians will be voting on next week. To find out more go to www.protectmarriage.com anyway... I will be voting YES on this proposition but that's not really my point.
No on Prop 8 signs, bumper stickers, billboards, ect. read "Love not Hate" so if these people want to display love not hate then why..
* Have I been flipped off, more than once for having and YES bumper sticker on the back of my car?
* While waving YES signs was my husband told "I hope all your children end up gay"
* Also, while waving signs a PREGNANT woman from our church had a full bottle of ice tea thrown at her? And that same day a group from our church was mooned for waving signs, two girls also stopped in thier car and started making out.
* Once again while waving signs my cousin had a tomato thrown at him by a guy in a scary clown mask?
* Have we had more friends then we can count have YES yard signs stolen from thier yard?
*Was my brother and his friend's YES on 8 bumper stickers stolen off thier cars, and then when they found the person who did it, were yelled swear words to?
* Was my husband stoped by people waving no on 8 signs and swore at through his window? (because of his bumper sticker)
* Was a man assulted for passing out YES on 8 information? (How much of that have you seen on the news)
I mean serioulsy how is that displaying this so called LOVE they obviously feel so strongly about. By the way has anyone heard of freedom of speach???
Go Here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jc4ujp9Ok
5 comments:
thank you kindra - it was refreshing to read that. i've been flipped off too and it makes me just feel a greater need to stand up for what is right! i really appreciate what you have to say! valerie
I'm so sorry, Kindra. Here in Nevada we don't really hear what's going on over there. I'm so sorry it's gotten this severe. "Tolerance" sometimes seems to mean tolerating your own beliefs and shunning the more conservative values. I'm praying all the time that prop 8 will pass and we can end this.
Good for you for standing up for what is right - I'm grateful for all of you in California who are pro prop 8! You're awesome!;)
wow sis... that was awesome! I'm putting it on my facebook, don't be mad. I think more people should read it!
The kind of things that have happened is exactly why I was at first reluctant to put a Prop 8 sticker on my car, but than I decided that I was willing to endure any of that in order to show my support. Thankfully the only negativity I've experienced was while waving signs once, and that doesn't seem too bad compared to what others have dealt with. Great job!
Post a Comment