Friday, February 27, 2009

A Few of His Favorite Things...




So, because I use this blog mainly as a family journal and in a couple of months am planning on "slurping my blog" into a book for our family I thought that I'd make a list of some of Charlie's favorite things because I know that one day I won't remember them anymore.


So, Charlie Bear you're almost one year old here are some of the everyday things you do and a few of your favorite things.


You LOVE to be outside, doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing you are one happy boy.


You love music in every way, weather it's on Baby Einstein, rockin out in the car,playing with Grandpa's cell phone or singing hymns in church! You shake your booty (and your hands) whenever you hear music, unfortunately you have your Daddy's rhythm.


You love anything with wheels. You like to ride on the lawn mower with Daddy, to watch strangers in wheelchairs, sit in the drivers street with Dad when we drive down the dirt road, or watching strangers riding around on your little car. You make a vroom vroom sound that is just so cute.


We say that you are a gourmet eater (it runs in the family) you will not eat mashed potatoes or anything that has a plain taste but you love foods like mushroom and barley or split pea soup. You LOVE carrots if they are cooked in a stew or soup and you will chow down on noodles but only if they have garlic salt on them. Mandarin oranges are your favorite food ever, you would pick them over ANYTHING!


Whenever we go to Mimi and Grandpa's house one of the first things you do is go straight to Grandpa's guitar (it doesn't take too much convincing for him to play it all night long for you, he can't resist that sweet little smile)


At Mema and Grandpa's house you love to play behind the curtains on the sliding glass doors. You will run from one side to the other over and over again. I don't think that there is anything that keeps your attention longer than the curtains.


You like when mommy vacuums and follow me around until you are sitting on the vacuum, it's already heavy so I get quite a work out.


If I ever put you in your crib and let your cry you have an amazing talent to poop in your diaper so that I will have to come change you.


You hate having your diaper changed


You are a very friendly little guy and will go to just about anyone who wants you (that scares me a little) but, whenever we go out in public you like to flirt with elderly people and pretty girls.


Seriously, you only smile at the old folk and really cute girls.


You are an awful sleeper, you finally started sleeping through the night at 10 months. It's rare that you take more than one nap a day and you fight it falling asleep every single time. You do sleep in though and rarely wake up before 7:30!


Bath time is just about your favorite time of the day and most nights Daddy is the one who gives you a bath. You love to turn on and off the water.


We couldn't ask for a sweeter more adorable little boy. You bring us so much joy and happiness and we love you very much.




3 comments:

Tiffany said...

He sounds just adorable Kindra and it's so great you are enjoying him so much!;)

Melissa said...

Awe... little charlie bear! I can't wait to play with him. I think you need to mention how he likes to walk around talking on the phone and he likes when I sing him phantom of the opera!

Rhandi said...

Love it! What a good idea Kin, I should do that . . . I don't know if I will, but I should. . .